Hey, fellow unicorns! Check out this amazing blog by Ainsley Louise, a fellow blogger about ‘How to dress like a fashion blogger’. Great tips and fabulous photography make this a must read! ❤
An amazing DIY! Definitely worth giving a shot!! ❤
-“Creative Minds Are Rarely Tidy”
It’s time to bring out our inner creative monster today because it’s DIY time! We all love personalised and handmade stuff ( I personally do). But when it comes to making one yourself… Quite an effort right?
Wrong! All you need is one idea which you own and once you start doing it, you won’t budge until you have your imagination carved out in front of you.
There are a lot of things you can make personally using pictures of family and friends, wall hangings, candles, mugs and the old school greeting cards, which won’t ever be outdated. A new trend in DIYs are mason jars and trust me you can do so much with them and use them for different purposes. Mason jars are so versatile. You can never have enough of using them. I had to try these for myself so I used…
View original post 102 more words
Hey, fellow unicorns! Trends have a tendency to have an impact on our lives. As soon as a trend goes viral, all of a sudden everyone is talking about it and everyone wants to be a part of the trend somehow because apparently, it is the only way to stay up to date with the InterWeb. Usually, I love trends and love to follow it even more but recently any trend becomes viral even when it does not make any sense especially the trend of Fidget Spinners! I seriously don’t understand why it went viral and why everyone was ready to throw their hard earned cash on something that had no purpose at all. Everyone was mesmerized by this toy including my brother, my grandparents and even my cat! 😀 But even when I don’t get the craze behind this trend, I have to agree that it was a genius idea by the creator Scott McCoskery (Yes, I googled that!) because the entire world fell for it. To top it all, there was so many cool and amazing fidget spinner themed things people did as an homage to this viral trend and one thing that really caught my attention were the fidget spinner cookies (no surprise there! 😀 ) and I knew I had to at least try to recreate it. It was a challenging experience since I am not a pro at cooking and I am the clumsiest person that you would probably meet (ok exaggerating a little bit now!) but they turned out to be really delicious and would make a fun treat to show off your prowess in cooking in front of your friends. Take a look…
THINGS YOU WILL NEED…
- FOR ROYAL ICING-
- 500 gm powdered sugar
- 1 med egg
- Food Color
- 2 tsp water
- FOR COOKIES-
- 21/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp baking powder
- A fidget spinner
- A bottle cap
- FOR ROYAL ICING-
- Take a bowl, pour the powdered sugar and add the egg and water in the bowl and whipped it continuously for 10-15 minutes till it forms a gummy texture.
- Divide the mixture into three bowls and add green color to one and orange to another (or colors of your choice) and the third one will be the plain.
- FOR COOKIES-
- Take a bowl, pour the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mix it up.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, vanilla essence and mix it properly till it becomes one dough.
- Wrap the dough with a plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready, sprinkle some flour on the rolling board and flatten it out using a rolling pin.
- Place the fidget spinner on the dough and trace the shape with the knife and put it on the baking tray.
- Take the bottle cap and press down on the dough to make the spinner head and place them on the pre-buttered tray.
- Pre-heat the oven for 5 minutes at 350F or 180C and place the tray in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Put all the icing in three plastic bags and snip off the ends to make a piping bag.
- Put the white icing on the spinner head and green and orange icing tracing the spinner and refrigerate it for 5-10 minutes before munching on!
Until next time!! ❤
Hey, fellow unicorns! It has been a minute and a half since I have sat down peacefully to present fresh content for my readers with the same vigor and motivation which somehow lacked during the previous week (It is ok to feel a little unmotivated at times). But after some soul searching and a mini break I am now ready to turn on my beast mode and deliver some smoking hot blogs. So it was my dear friend Shreya’s birthday, so my college buddies and I went to have lunch at this amazing restaurant to celebrate her day. Everyone dressed to impress with sexy one piece and beautiful ethnic wear to fit in with the fancy atmosphere and it was a fresh relief breaking the monotony of casual college outfits. The birthday girl decided to wear a plain black bodycon one piece which hugged her in all the right places. The outfit was from LimeRoad, an online fashion store and much to our surprise the quality was amazing. It was not a saggy and cheap material which is always a relief to the online shoppers and the black color of the dress made it look like a perfect outfit for fancy occasions. She decided to pair up this look with a beautiful bronze floral neckpiece and some closed toe wedges to complete the look. Since it was daytime, minimal jewelry was the way to go. This outfit is so versatile that it could make a killer night time outfit with some sky high stilettos. Take a look…
Until next time… ❤
Hey, fellow unicorns! Looking at the amazing yet hilarious reaction to my previous blog, it was mandatory to do another trend blog but this time with a twist because it was one of my most viewed blogs. There has been a trend circulating the food blogosphere about different types of unicorn and rainbow themed cuisines especially cookies- which happens to be my favorite <3! But I didn’t want to copy paste the same recipe by recreating it, so I decided to add my own touch to it. Instead of rainbows, I thought why not do something that shows my love for both cooking as well as my country! And what better way than a Tri-colored Indian flag inspired choco chip cookies. It was such a fun and creative experience but I ended up with Shrek hands because of the food color! 😀 But don’t worry I learned from my mistakes and had a glove on for the second batch. It is such an easy recipe with basic items, is prepared within 20 minutes max and tastes delicious (munching on the third cookie!). I had so much fun playing with so many colors and this will be a hilarious and memorable activity to do with your buds. So get your chef hat on and let’s get cooking…
THINGS YOU WILL NEED…
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- choco chips
- green and orange food color
LET’S GET STARTED…
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar till the sugar is completely coated with the butter.
- Add vanilla essence, and egg to the mixture and mix it till it is one gooey mixture.
- Sift the flour through the sieve with the baking powder and salt in it so that the big chunks get separated from the fine powder.
- Mix it properly so that it becomes one big dough.
- Divide the dough into three small doughs.
- Add a handful of choco chips for the extra chocolate.
- Take 1/2 tsp of green food color mixed with a little amount of water and mix it thoroughly with one dough. Do the same with the orange color and mix it with the second dough and let the third one be the plain cookie dough.
- Roll all the three doughs on the hand to make it a long log and press them together so that the plain dough is in between the green and orange dough.
- Take a clean knife and cut it into small pieces and pat the small piece into a circle and place it on a greased pan.
- Pre-heat the oven on 350-degree Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- While the oven is preheating, put some choco chips on the top and press them so they won’t fall out.
- Pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, allow them to cool and then you could enjoy your delicious cookies filled with patriotism.
Until next time! ❤
Hey, fellow unicorns! This has to be the single craziest thing that I have ever done and frankly, I had so much fun prepping for this blog Kyun ki pagalpanti Bhi zaroori hai!!! We have so much to deal with in our lives that we completely forget to have some fun and this was basically my sole reason to try out something wacky like this. The Internet is full of wacky AF stuff and not so long ago, there was a trend circulating on the blogosphere about using weird stuff to apply foundation that led to the birth of beauty blenders and silisponge and amazing products like that. But there were also many other products that went viral not because they were amazing but because they were so weird, cringey and straight up funny! The products that got the most momentum was using condoms and eggs to apply foundation that went super viral so I thought why not try these on my blog and see if they were any good and had a blast trying these out for the readers. I took help from my mommy who was kind enough to model the products for me (Her expressions were hilarious when I asked her to model with the condom! Love you mom ❤ !) Take a look…
MY EXPERIENCE WITH EGG-
When I saw this trend my first reaction was gross since I hate having egg and anything to do with egg freaks me out! But I had to try it, since applying foundation with a boiled egg went so viral. I thought if so many people are trying it would be an amazing substitute to the beauty sponge and it would be good to eat after applying foundation (Talk about hitting two birds with one stone!). I was excited but also disgusted to apply an egg to my face let alone eat it after. I boiled the egg, took my fav combo of two Foundations- Maybelline Fit Me! and L.A. Girl Pro Conceal Foundation and with a heavy heart applied it on my face. And just as I had expected it was a total disaster! :’D The smell itself set me off and once I applied it on my face the egg broke and the foundation was so chunky and disgusting! But I still tried to make it work only to make it even more terrible. The final verdict was that you should use egg only for eating and nothing else but it was super fun trying it out! 😀
MY EXPERIENCE WITH A CONDOM-
When I heard about this trend, I was straight up ROFL but at the same time was curious if it was possible to pull off applying foundation with a condom! So I had to try this out to see if this protection device can actually give me a flawless base (wink wink! :D). I actually had a feeling that dealing with a condom would be a way more interesting experience but to my disappointment, it was a rather ok-ish product to try and trying to apply foundation with an egg was far more chucklesome than a condom. But it did apply my foundation way better than the egg but was still a mess to deal with. Shout out to the blogger who thought of trying something this funny. These trends definitely won’t help if you are getting ready for an important occasion but is a real comical experience and should try it at least once with your BFF’s!
Until next time! ❤