Hey, fellow unicorns! Trends have a tendency to have an impact on our lives. As soon as a trend goes viral, all of a sudden everyone is talking about it and everyone wants to be a part of the trend somehow because apparently, it is the only way to stay up to date with the InterWeb. Usually, I love trends and love to follow it even more but recently any trend becomes viral even when it does not make any sense especially the trend of Fidget Spinners! I seriously don’t understand why it went viral and why everyone was ready to throw their hard earned cash on something that had no purpose at all. Everyone was mesmerized by this toy including my brother, my grandparents and even my cat! 😀 But even when I don’t get the craze behind this trend, I have to agree that it was a genius idea by the creator Scott McCoskery (Yes, I googled that!) because the entire world fell for it. To top it all, there was so many cool and amazing fidget spinner themed things people did as an homage to this viral trend and one thing that really caught my attention were the fidget spinner cookies (no surprise there! 😀 ) and I knew I had to at least try to recreate it. It was a challenging experience since I am not a pro at cooking and I am the clumsiest person that you would probably meet (ok exaggerating a little bit now!) but they turned out to be really delicious and would make a fun treat to show off your prowess in cooking in front of your friends. Take a look…
THINGS YOU WILL NEED…
- FOR ROYAL ICING-
- 500 gm powdered sugar
- 1 med egg
- Food Color
- 2 tsp water
- FOR COOKIES-
- 21/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1tsp baking powder
- A fidget spinner
- A bottle cap
- FOR ROYAL ICING-
- Take a bowl, pour the powdered sugar and add the egg and water in the bowl and whipped it continuously for 10-15 minutes till it forms a gummy texture.
- Divide the mixture into three bowls and add green color to one and orange to another (or colors of your choice) and the third one will be the plain.
- FOR COOKIES-
- Take a bowl, pour the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mix it up.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, vanilla essence and mix it properly till it becomes one dough.
- Wrap the dough with a plastic wrap and chill it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready, sprinkle some flour on the rolling board and flatten it out using a rolling pin.
- Place the fidget spinner on the dough and trace the shape with the knife and put it on the baking tray.
- Take the bottle cap and press down on the dough to make the spinner head and place them on the pre-buttered tray.
- Pre-heat the oven for 5 minutes at 350F or 180C and place the tray in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Put all the icing in three plastic bags and snip off the ends to make a piping bag.
- Put the white icing on the spinner head and green and orange icing tracing the spinner and refrigerate it for 5-10 minutes before munching on!
Until next time!! ❤
Hey, fellow unicorns! Looking at the amazing yet hilarious reaction to my previous blog, it was mandatory to do another trend blog but this time with a twist because it was one of my most viewed blogs. There has been a trend circulating the food blogosphere about different types of unicorn and rainbow themed cuisines especially cookies- which happens to be my favorite <3! But I didn’t want to copy paste the same recipe by recreating it, so I decided to add my own touch to it. Instead of rainbows, I thought why not do something that shows my love for both cooking as well as my country! And what better way than a Tri-colored Indian flag inspired choco chip cookies. It was such a fun and creative experience but I ended up with Shrek hands because of the food color! 😀 But don’t worry I learned from my mistakes and had a glove on for the second batch. It is such an easy recipe with basic items, is prepared within 20 minutes max and tastes delicious (munching on the third cookie!). I had so much fun playing with so many colors and this will be a hilarious and memorable activity to do with your buds. So get your chef hat on and let’s get cooking…
THINGS YOU WILL NEED…
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- choco chips
- green and orange food color
LET’S GET STARTED…
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar till the sugar is completely coated with the butter.
- Add vanilla essence, and egg to the mixture and mix it till it is one gooey mixture.
- Sift the flour through the sieve with the baking powder and salt in it so that the big chunks get separated from the fine powder.
- Mix it properly so that it becomes one big dough.
- Divide the dough into three small doughs.
- Add a handful of choco chips for the extra chocolate.
- Take 1/2 tsp of green food color mixed with a little amount of water and mix it thoroughly with one dough. Do the same with the orange color and mix it with the second dough and let the third one be the plain cookie dough.
- Roll all the three doughs on the hand to make it a long log and press them together so that the plain dough is in between the green and orange dough.
- Take a clean knife and cut it into small pieces and pat the small piece into a circle and place it on a greased pan.
- Pre-heat the oven on 350-degree Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- While the oven is preheating, put some choco chips on the top and press them so they won’t fall out.
- Pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, allow them to cool and then you could enjoy your delicious cookies filled with patriotism.
Until next time! ❤
Hey, fellow unicorns! This has to be the single craziest thing that I have ever done and frankly, I had so much fun prepping for this blog Kyun ki pagalpanti Bhi zaroori hai!!! We have so much to deal with in our lives that we completely forget to have some fun and this was basically my sole reason to try out something wacky like this. The Internet is full of wacky AF stuff and not so long ago, there was a trend circulating on the blogosphere about using weird stuff to apply foundation that led to the birth of beauty blenders and silisponge and amazing products like that. But there were also many other products that went viral not because they were amazing but because they were so weird, cringey and straight up funny! The products that got the most momentum was using condoms and eggs to apply foundation that went super viral so I thought why not try these on my blog and see if they were any good and had a blast trying these out for the readers. I took help from my mommy who was kind enough to model the products for me (Her expressions were hilarious when I asked her to model with the condom! Love you mom ❤ !) Take a look…
MY EXPERIENCE WITH EGG-
When I saw this trend my first reaction was gross since I hate having egg and anything to do with egg freaks me out! But I had to try it, since applying foundation with a boiled egg went so viral. I thought if so many people are trying it would be an amazing substitute to the beauty sponge and it would be good to eat after applying foundation (Talk about hitting two birds with one stone!). I was excited but also disgusted to apply an egg to my face let alone eat it after. I boiled the egg, took my fav combo of two Foundations- Maybelline Fit Me! and L.A. Girl Pro Conceal Foundation and with a heavy heart applied it on my face. And just as I had expected it was a total disaster! :’D The smell itself set me off and once I applied it on my face the egg broke and the foundation was so chunky and disgusting! But I still tried to make it work only to make it even more terrible. The final verdict was that you should use egg only for eating and nothing else but it was super fun trying it out! 😀
MY EXPERIENCE WITH A CONDOM-
When I heard about this trend, I was straight up ROFL but at the same time was curious if it was possible to pull off applying foundation with a condom! So I had to try this out to see if this protection device can actually give me a flawless base (wink wink! :D). I actually had a feeling that dealing with a condom would be a way more interesting experience but to my disappointment, it was a rather ok-ish product to try and trying to apply foundation with an egg was far more chucklesome than a condom. But it did apply my foundation way better than the egg but was still a mess to deal with. Shout out to the blogger who thought of trying something this funny. These trends definitely won’t help if you are getting ready for an important occasion but is a real comical experience and should try it at least once with your BFF’s!
Until next time! ❤
Hey, fellow unicorns! Before starting this blog, I would like to thank everyone for the amazing response towards my humble blog. Why am I being so cheesy? It’s because my blog surpassed 1.5K views yesterday (yippee! :D) and I know the numbers are not that huge but it is a milestone for me so thank you for helping me check one off out of my bucket list! ❤ So, most of you would have clicked on the link wondering what the ultimate substitute for chocolate is and no this is no click bait! The ultimate substitute for chocolate is (drum rolls please! :P) NOTHING! There is no substitute for ‘the greatest invention on planet earth’. But I have able to make something that even though is not as satisfying as chocolate but is pretty close when you are craving chocolate but beating yourself up because you started a new diet yesterday! It’s alright we have all been there :D! I am talking about the homemade energy bar that is super easy to make and super healthy that you can munch on without piling up on those nasty no-good calories. I started working out and since I am the biggest chocolate fan you would ever meet, I would have devastating cravings for chocolate especially after a workout so I had to come up with something that is equally tasty but healthy at the same time that’s when I came up with these babies. And the amazing part is that you can customize it with ingredients that you like and by no means have to follow word by word. So let’s get started!
THINGS YOU WILL NEED-
- Chocolate cookies
- 1 bowl oats
- Dried cranberries
- Almonds and Pistachios
- Dark chocolate chips
- Take the pack of chocolate chip cookies and crush them with a heavy object in a big bowl.
- Take the oats as much as would like and pour it into the bowl with the crushed cookies and mix them.
- Add the raisins, cranberries, almonds, pistachios and chocolate chips in the bowl and mix them well.
- Finally, add honey as per your tolerance for sweetness and mix it all so it becomes sticky enough to stick to your hands.
- You can either take a stencil or pour it all on the plate and flatten it till it becomes one. The moisture in raisins, cranberries, and honey would help become one product.
- I used a stencil to make it look presentable for the blog but you can easily flatten it on the plate and put in the refrigerator for a half hour and then cut it in rectangular pieces and munch it whenever you get a chocolate craving.
- You can add any of your favorite dry fruits with the cookies, oats, and honey and customize it as you want.
Until next time!! ❤
Hey, fellow unicorns! With the raging trend of skincare all over the world, people are getting more and more aware of the benefits of taking better care of their skin irrespective of the genders. And with the plethora of options available in the market both luxury and drugstore, one product that stands out the most are the sheet masks. The hype of sheet mask originally started from Korea and soon everyone was about that sheet mask life. It is the easiest to apply, gives us the in-home spa session in less than 20 minutes and is available in every single type! They are available for everyone ranging from cheap to the crazy expensive. But whenever a trend catches on, everyone wishes to find an alternative to the product which can be made by our own hands in the comforts of our homes.
So out of curiosity, I was watching videos on YouTube to find DIY’s for sheet masks when I came across an Indian YouTuber where she used face wipes to make her sheet masks. It was a pure genius idea because unlike tissues, face wipes are made of cotton that would not rip easily. So I decided to create my own sheet masks using face wipes. You could literally put any brewed potion of your choice to make a custom sheet mask for your liking. So I gathered some of my favorite home ingredients to make a custom sheet mask for myself and they turned out to be pretty good. It feels absolutely divine to use these after an exhausting day and feel rejuvenated with a baby soft skin.
- It is a pretty easy method to make your own sheet masks. I usually take the alcohol-free wipes as alcohol is terrible for the skin, remove the sticky plastic cover, squeeze out the juice in the face wipes (it does not have to be perfect) and keep it for drying for a day.
- The next day, take a cup of water and add two tablespoons of coffee, green tea, honey, aloe vera gel, washed rice and put it on the stove for boiling.
- Once the brew is boiled, take it off the stove and strain it through the sieve into another bowl so it would be only liquid.
- The last step is to pour the liquid slowly into the face wipe pack and let the wipes soak it in after which you could stick the plastic cover back and store it in your refrigerator for that cooling effect.
- Whenever you feel like applying a sheet mask you could easily pull out the wipes and apply it on the face for 10-15 minutes and voila! you will feel super relaxed and ready to hustle even harder.
- You could use any ingredients for the brew and also boil some extra coffee water if sheet masks run a little dry.
Until next time!!!
Hey, fellow unicorns! We are back on the hustle train this week #workdontstop! So as I was wondering what I would like to post this week, it made me wonder why would I go through so much effort to fish out content three times a week and go over and about with the stressful preparations where I could easily take up a job to the nearest bank to earn those green notes right away. So to procrastinate, I decided to watch videos on YouTube to pass time or maybe look for some inspiration. I started watching videos of some of my favorite YouTubers like Lilly Singh, Logan Paul, BTS etc.. when I had an epiphany of why I wanted to be a blogger in the first place. I wanted the life that these people had and watching their journey every single day working hard, persevering, and becoming successful at such a young age coming from humble backgrounds was the exact reason why I wanted to be a Digital Influencer/ Creator.
But the issue was that when I would see these videos I would be hyped about creating content and working hard but it faded away as the day proceeded, so I had to create a solution where I would be motivated 24/7 and give birth to my vision babies. Last week when I was reading Lilly Singh’s book ‘How to be a Bawse’, she mentioned this thing called ‘VISION BOARD’ where she made a board and posted all her dreams and aspirations in picture form and put it on the canopy of her bed where she could see it every single day and get motivated and has helped her reach her goals even faster as she constantly saw what she needed to accomplish in her life. When I read this part in the book, I realized that it was a genius idea and wanted to make one of my own.
So I started researching about vision boards and apparently, it is a huge thing and many people found effective to make one and claimed to be more productive when their goals were in front of their eyes every single day. So I decided to hop on this train and make my own vision board but I was confused about what truly motivated me and got me going, so I decided to make a list of things that did excite me on Microsoft Excel. I divided my list into categories like people, things, places, experiences, and quotes and listed everything that I wanted to do in my life, printed the pictures and posted it on my study table because that happens to be a place that I see daily and lemme tell you this that it works like a charm! Whenever I feel uninspired I look on my board of the people I wish to meet in my life, the places I wish to visit or the experiences that I want to get and it gets me going every single time.
The best part of the vision board is that you can customize it the way you want and every single vision board will be unique because you are unique and the board is the figment of your unique imagination. I had a lot of fun making the board because it kinda put my life into perspective a little better. So get up and make your own vision board, decorate it how you wish to and rise to a better future you have always wished for!!
Until next time!!!!