Hey, fellow unicorns! Looking at the amazing yet hilarious reaction to my previous blog, it was mandatory to do another trend blog but this time with a twist because it was one of my most viewed blogs. There has been a trend circulating the food blogosphere about different types of unicorn and rainbow themed cuisines especially cookies- which happens to be my favorite <3! But I didn’t want to copy paste the same recipe by recreating it, so I decided to add my own touch to it. Instead of rainbows, I thought why not do something that shows my love for both cooking as well as my country! And what better way than a Tri-colored Indian flag inspired choco chip cookies. It was such a fun and creative experience but I ended up with Shrek hands because of the food color! 😀 But don’t worry I learned from my mistakes and had a glove on for the second batch. It is such an easy recipe with basic items, is prepared within 20 minutes max and tastes delicious (munching on the third cookie!). I had so much fun playing with so many colors and this will be a hilarious and memorable activity to do with your buds. So get your chef hat on and let’s get cooking…
THINGS YOU WILL NEED…
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- choco chips
- green and orange food color
LET’S GET STARTED…
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar till the sugar is completely coated with the butter.
- Add vanilla essence, and egg to the mixture and mix it till it is one gooey mixture.
- Sift the flour through the sieve with the baking powder and salt in it so that the big chunks get separated from the fine powder.
- Mix it properly so that it becomes one big dough.
- Divide the dough into three small doughs.
- Add a handful of choco chips for the extra chocolate.
- Take 1/2 tsp of green food color mixed with a little amount of water and mix it thoroughly with one dough. Do the same with the orange color and mix it with the second dough and let the third one be the plain cookie dough.
- Roll all the three doughs on the hand to make it a long log and press them together so that the plain dough is in between the green and orange dough.
- Take a clean knife and cut it into small pieces and pat the small piece into a circle and place it on a greased pan.
- Pre-heat the oven on 350-degree Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- While the oven is preheating, put some choco chips on the top and press them so they won’t fall out.
- Pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, allow them to cool and then you could enjoy your delicious cookies filled with patriotism.
Until next time! ❤