Hey, fellow unicorns! Before starting this blog, I would like to thank everyone for the amazing response towards my humble blog. Why am I being so cheesy? It’s because my blog surpassed 1.5K views yesterday (yippee! :D) and I know the numbers are not that huge but it is a milestone for me so thank you for helping me check one off out of my bucket list! ❤ So, most of you would have clicked on the link wondering what the ultimate substitute for chocolate is and no this is no click bait! The ultimate substitute for chocolate is (drum rolls please! :P) NOTHING! There is no substitute for ‘the greatest invention on planet earth’. But I have able to make something that even though is not as satisfying as chocolate but is pretty close when you are craving chocolate but beating yourself up because you started a new diet yesterday! It’s alright we have all been there :D! I am talking about the homemade energy bar that is super easy to make and super healthy that you can munch on without piling up on those nasty no-good calories. I started working out and since I am the biggest chocolate fan you would ever meet, I would have devastating cravings for chocolate especially after a workout so I had to come up with something that is equally tasty but healthy at the same time that’s when I came up with these babies. And the amazing part is that you can customize it with ingredients that you like and by no means have to follow word by word. So let’s get started!
THINGS YOU WILL NEED-
- Chocolate cookies
- 1 bowl oats
- Dried cranberries
- Almonds and Pistachios
- Dark chocolate chips
- Take the pack of chocolate chip cookies and crush them with a heavy object in a big bowl.
- Take the oats as much as would like and pour it into the bowl with the crushed cookies and mix them.
- Add the raisins, cranberries, almonds, pistachios and chocolate chips in the bowl and mix them well.
- Finally, add honey as per your tolerance for sweetness and mix it all so it becomes sticky enough to stick to your hands.
- You can either take a stencil or pour it all on the plate and flatten it till it becomes one. The moisture in raisins, cranberries, and honey would help become one product.
- I used a stencil to make it look presentable for the blog but you can easily flatten it on the plate and put in the refrigerator for a half hour and then cut it in rectangular pieces and munch it whenever you get a chocolate craving.
- You can add any of your favorite dry fruits with the cookies, oats, and honey and customize it as you want.
Until next time!! ❤