Hey, fellow unicorns! Monsoon is finally here which makes it the perfect season to enjoy long evening drives and delicious sweet and savory foods with our loved ones especially after the scorching heat wave that we call “summer” in Mumbai that literally makes us judge our / our parent’s decision of moving to a hot country instead of staying in an igloo in Antarctica :D. But as soon as it starts pouring the same place becomes a paradise and staying in an igloo becomes an impossible feat. And the best part of this season is the scrumptious food that we get to eat overlooking a pristine and romantic vista of the Mumbai city. My personal fav is the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and like a wise man once said, ” Life is so much better with some freshly baked cookies”, I decided to make some cookies in mi casa. I, by no means, am a professional chef but the lovely weather was an inspiration to get my inner Sanjeev Kapoor on and guess what they turned out to be amazing! (*gives a pat on the back :p). So it was only fitting to share my silly version of baking with you cause sharing is caring <3. Have a look…
Things you will need-
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt (to enhance the taste)
- ½ cup choco chips
- Any chocolate bar or nutella
Serves up to 7 large or 14 small cookies.
Let’s put it together-
- Take a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar to whisk it properly till it becomes one big gooey mixture.
- Add vanilla essence, salt, egg and whisk again until it becomes a light and fluffy mixture (Don’t worry if the mixture is a bit runny, it will all come together)
- Add baking soda to all purpose flour and sift the flour and soda through the sieve to remove any lumps.
- Melt the chocolate beforehand to use it as your filling in the cookie.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in two portions and mix it till well combined.
- If the mixture is too gooey, you can always some more flour or refrigerate it for 2-4 hrs or overnight preferably. When the dough is ready it should look something like this-
- Once the dough is ready, pat little flour on your hand so that the dough doesn’t stick to the hand and make small or large balls from the cookie dough.
- Once the balls are made, flat it on your palms and put small amount of melted chocolate in the cookie and roll it back carefully into a ball (You could put chocolate cubes too)It should look something like this-
- Before making the balls preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease the baking pan or use a baking sheet and put the dough balls with some distance between them.
- Put it in the oven for around 20-25 minutes or till the cookie becomes golden brown whichever comes first.
- Sprinkle it with some more choco chips and voila it’s ready to be eaten! Enjoy!!!
Until next time!!!! 😉