It’s been a minute and a half since I have posted a blog because I have been super busy preparing for my final exams. Looking at all the outfits of the day posts, I thought it would be refreshing to write a food blog this time. For all those who don’t know what Kheer is, it is basically just sweetened milk and my mom swears by this recipe because it is always a huge hit whenever guests arrive. I used to think that this recipe takes a lot of work but little did I know it just took half an hour to make it! So as a blogger I had to share this recipe with you guys. Take a look…
Serves up to 10 people!!!
THINGS YOU WILL NEED-
- 1 LTR milk
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp white rice
- Handful pistachios, crushed and ground
- Pre-cooking you need to soak the rice for 3 to 4 hours in water so that it becomes soft.
- In a mixer grinder, pour the rice, and add little amount of milk till the rice is covered and grind it till it becomes a fine paste.
- Take the cooking vessel and put on the stove on a low to medium flame.
- Pour the paste in the vessel, add the rest of the milk, sugar, the entire tin of condensed milk, and the pistachios.
- Start stirring the mixture on a low to medium flame so that it does not stick to the bottom of the vessel.
- Keep stirring it until it starts to boil and turn into a thicker consistency.
- After 20 to 25 of constant stirring, take it off the stove and pour it in the serving dish.
- Garnish it with more crushed pistachios and refrigerate it to serve.
VOILA!!! Your dish is ready!!!!! ❤ 😉
Until next time!!! ❤
P.S.- I won’t be posting any more blogs for the next two months of Sept and Oct because of my exams !! 😦 See you guys with fresh and amazing content in November. Stay Gorgeous!!! ❤